Since leaving Match.com in March 2020, I have not been sitting around watching TV and playing video games – I’ve been writing one.
The week after I resigned, I –
- Finished a fantastic PluralSight course on “Making your c# code more functional” by Zoran Horvat – this guy is one of the most knowledgeable of any online teacher I’ve seen.
- Completed a Unity beginner’s tutorial
- Completed a course on Udemy to get re-familiarized with Swift and SpriteKit
- Wrote a SQL Wrapper for SQLite in Swift
- Cleaned up my DuneTraveller repository
- Tested adding encounters to my game (see main picture on this post)
- Today I’m integrating the SQL wrapper into the game to read metadata for use in the game
- My goal for the rest of the week is to have data driven encounters placed on the GameScene as well as marking them as “complete” so the player doesn’t see them again
I’m excited about everything I’ve learned because it seems like I’m making real progress.